neděle 10. ledna 2016

YANKEE CANDLE 2015 COLLECTION + DESCRIPTION (UPDATING 2016)



Well, I've been a Yankee Candle collector for about one year now. I've bough almost 70 jars! 
Oh my god.








Midnight Oasis (2013): medium jar, UK label, the scent is sort of masculine. Very similar to MidSummer's Night, but more fresh and clean. I like Midnight Oasis better.

Drift Away (2010): medium jar, Deerfield label, the scent is watery and airy. With some floral notes and sea musk. It is a very natural and clean scent. 

Beach Walk (2012): medium jar, Deerfield label, the scent is very similar to YC's Beach Holiday. It is a clean, airy scent with some citrus twist to it. 


Evening Air (2014): large jar, Deerfield label, the scent is a watery mix of geranium, basil, cedarwood, musk, cloves and some flowers... a lot of people say it's a cologny type of scent... I don't think so, it's very similar to Storm Watch. 

Mountain Lake (2015): large jar, Deerfield label, the scent of this is very similar to Silver Birch. This one's more fresh and you also get a little bit of some laundry type of scent.

Storm Watch (2x) (2015): large jar, Deerfield label, the scent is very clean and fresh, with some green floral notes to it. It is the scent of air before or after a storm.


Dune Grass (2015): large jar, Deerfield label, the scent is a blend of bergamot, verbena, some floral and green. It's similar to Wild Sea Grass, Dune Grass is more lemony and fresh though.

Meadow Showers (2015): large jar, Deerfield label, the scent is an aroma of raindrops on wet leaves, all combined with some violet. It's very fresh and it smells like the picture.

Wild Sea Grass (2014): Deerfield label, the scent is a mix of oakmoss and minty sea grass. It is similar to Dune Grass, but this one's stronger.

Windblown (2015): this candle is a really nice spring air kind of scent. It has a wonderful calming aroma of salt water laced with notes of citrus and wet woods.


Picnic in the Park (2x) (2015): Deerfield label, the scent is very similar to Christmas at the Beach or Pineapple Cilantro. A slight breeze in the trees mingles with vanilla base, strawberry bottom and mango top. 

Blue Summer Sky (2x) (2015): Deerfield label, this scent is airy and watery with some berries and amber with patchouli. This scent's one of my favourites. 


Peach Cobbler (2015): Deerfield label, this scent is a mix of some spices, peaches and dough. Although I don't like food-y scents I love this one. So creamy and sweet.

Home Sweet Home (2015): UK label, a Yankee's classic, the scent of freshly pored tea with cinnamon and apples. Doesn't need more words.

Cotton Candy (2x) (2015): Deerfield label, the classic scent of candy floss. Who doesn't love this memory from the childhood?


Sea Coral (3x) (2014): Deerfield label, the musky salt with some flowers, fruit, leaves, wood and ozone. It's very musky and salty (spicy as well) and it's a unique scent. 


Under the Palms (2013): UK label, island coconut mixes with sea salt, sea grass, vanilla base and some palm leaves. It's very similar to Sun & Sand or Beach Vacation. 

Sun & Sand (2012): Deerfield label, this to me smells like suntan lotion. It's powdery musk base with orange blossom middle and elemi top. It's very similar to Under the Palms or Beach Vacation.

Coastal Waters (2012): EU label, this smells very similar to Bay Breeze (Bay Breeze is more realistic though) sea salt with vertiver.


Ocean Star (2013): Deerfield label, this smells very similar to retired Ocean Water or Turquoise Sky. Ocean Star has a crisp, watery fragrance with some musk and citrus.

Oceanside (2015): Deerfield label, this is very similar to Orange Dreamsicle or Baby Powder. It doesn't smell like sea or air, it smells like citrus with musk.

Beach Holiday (2x) (2015): Deerfield label, this is a clean, fresh scent of sea spray at the beach. It has some powdery and laundry notes to it, so this fragrance is very unique. Very strong.


Black Cherry (2015): Deerfield label, this is a strong red scent of ripe, black cherries. – This scent is perfect for summer. I haven't had any problems with this scent yet and the throw is like 11/10 lol.

Vanilla Cupcake (2015): UK label, this is a vanilla butter scent with some cocoa and coconut, you can smell the sugary bakery note as well. – Vanilla Cupcake is a strong thrower, perfect for christmas! 

Strawberry Buttercream (2014): UK label, this is very similar to Summer Scoop. This one's more creamy and more vanilla-y though. – I haven't burned this fragrance in a while. It's a sweet scent.


Bay Breeze (2015): Deerfield label, the scent is the most realistic sea fragrance I've met. It smells just like sea air with sea salt, seaweed and some fish (sounds nasty, but I love it)

Tahitian Tiaré Flower (2015): Deerfield label, this scent shouldn't be in the floral frag. family, it should be listed as fresh. It isn't a flowery scent at all, it is a fresh air kind of scent, with a little bit of some petals at least. 

Golden Sands (2015): Deerfield label, this scent is sor of similar to Oud Oasis, I've tried Oud Oasis and I like Golden Sands better. Golden Sands has some tonka and vanilla to it, so the scent is very nice.




Sparkling Balsam (2014): Deerfield label, the scent is a pine scent with some sugary notes and citrusy musk. 

Mistletoe (2014): Deerfield label, this is the scent of freshly cut christmas tree.

Season of Peace (2014): Deerfield label (was very lucky to find a Deerfield label in Europe) this is a musky scent with some flowery notes and petals. 

Christmas Wreath (2015): this scent's similar to Mistletoe, this is more citrusy though. Deerfield label.

Mountain Pine (2009): Deerfield label, I don't like this scent at all. It is very similar to Christmas Garland, but Mountain Pine is more fruity.



Sea Harbor (2x) (2015): Deerfield label: this one's similar to Tahitian Tiaré Flower, it smells like sea air with a touch of vanilla and citrus. It smells like a cloudy day at the beach, very realistic.

Beach Vacation (2x) (2015): Deerfield label: this one's similar to Under the Palms or Sun & Sand. So it smells like suntan lotion with some coconut and sea salt. This one's my favourite. 


November Rain (2013): UK label, this one's very nice. It's a deep watery fragrance with some wood. Citrus top, flower middle and amber base.

Fireside (2015): Deerfield label, this one's a woodsy fragrance with spice, citrus and powdery notes. It smells just like being at the beach by the bonfire. One of my favourites.

Crisp Morning Air (2015): Deerfield label, this is very similar to Sea Coral or Lake Sunset, so it's a sweet musky fragrance with a watery note to it.

Silver Birch (2014): UK label, this one's similar to Mountain Like, Silver Birch is more cologny and more airy. I like Silver Birch better.


November Rain (2013): UK label, this one's very nice. It's a deep watery fragrance with some wood. Citrus top, flower middle and amber base.

Nature's Paintbrush (2011): UK label: this is very similar to Autumn Leaves. It's a citrus blend with cinnamon, sugar, musk and sandalwood. It's so strong.


Kilimanjaro Stars (2015): UK label, this scent is similar to MidSummer's Night. I don't like it at all and the throw is zero. – Zero throw, the scent is yuck. It smells like an old men's cologne!

Egyptian Musk (2015): UK label, I hate this scent. There's no way how to describe it. It's a nasty fragrance. – I hate this scent. It smells similar to Season of Peace (which I loveeee!) it hasn't got that cool minty note to it though.

Beach Wood (it is Beach Wood in the Icicles jar because I had cracked my Beach Wood jar): this scent is almost like wood with some vetiver. Yankee mentioned sea air as well, but I can't smell any sea air kind of fragrance. – I really dislike this fragrance because it has a woodsy dry fragrance similar to Oud Oasis. No throw as well.


Turquoise Sky (2014): UK label, this scent is salty and everybody likes it. I don't mind the scent, it's not one of my favourites though. It is a musky fragrance with some water – lily and watery notes.

Beach Walk (2012):  Deerfield label, the scent is very similar to YC's Beach Holiday. It is a clean, airy scent with some citrus twist to it. – I have burned out this jar and it was a low throw.

Lake Sunset (2014): UK label, this scent smells very similar to Sea Coral. It's a musky sweet fragrance with some grassy notes and fruity notes. It's one of my favourites and it throws like a ****. – I have burned out this jar and it was a strong throw. I will be buying more of this scent.

Serengeti Sunset (2015): UK label, this scent smells citrusy to me. It has some floral as well, but I still don't know if I like it or not. – I honestly hate this fragrance. No throw.


Winter Glow (2015): UK label, this scent is similar to Sparkling Snow. It's a fresh clean fragrance of snow covered trees in the cool air.

Sparkling Snow (2015): UK label: this scent is very clean and fresh and crisp. It's a very nice blend of fruit, patchouli and evergreens.

Christmas Cookie (2015): UK label, this scent is very similar to Vanilla Cupcake or Snowflake Cookie. It has a vanilla aroma everybody likes. 

Season of Peace (2014): Deerfield label  this is a musky scent with some flowery notes and petals. 

_________________________________________________________________________________
↓↓2016 COLLECTION↓↓


Pink Carnation (2014): Deerfield label, this scent is gorgeous. Although I don't like floral scents I love Tahitian Tiaré Flower and this Pink Carnation. Pink Carnation is a flowery scent though. It has some watery note mingled with some powdery note. I'm not sure if it smells like carnations, but I love it! 


Home for the Holidays (2015): Deerfield label, this scent is another red fragrance. It's a wonderful mix of pine top, spicey middle and musky base. It's smells just like Christmas, it reminds me of Red Apple Wreath just without the apple element to it. It's wonderful. It seems to be a good thrower as well. 


Moonlight (2015): EU label, this scent smells like a cologne. I'm not sure about this fragrance. 


Moonlight Harvest (N/A): Deerfield label, this scent is a blend of a fresh country breeze and pumpkin pie with spices. It's so sweet and spicy! Although the description says there's a hint of air, I don't smell any. I'm not really sure on this scent, if I like it or not because it smells very sweet and I think it should be listed as froot/food&spice. Don't know if I like it or not.

Evening Air (2008): Deerfield label, the scent is a watery mix of geranium, basil, cedarwood, musk, cloves and some flowers... a lot of people say it's a cologny type of scent... I don't think so, it's very similar to Storm Watch. 

Midnight Cove (2007): Deerfield label, this scent is similar to Bay Breeze. It smells just like the ocean, or seaweed, but this one has a really strong masculine scent to it. I think it smells like Bay Breeze mixed with MidSummer's Night. I really dont know if I like it or not, but it's a really rare scent though!

Sunwashed Linen (2004): Deerfield label, this scent smells like Clean Cotton to me. It's more natural though. 


Napa Valley Sun (2015): Deerfield label, although this scent is in the fruit fragrance family I think it smells fresh and clean. There isn't any note of fruit. This fragrance smells like a morning sunrise. It has a sweet vanilla amber note to it. It smells amazing!

Orange Dreamsicle (2015): Deerfield label, this is a cool and nice mix of vanilla ice and orange juice. It smells very similar to Orange Splash (which I hate) but this one's much better because there's the smooth vanilla undertone which is just gorgeous. I think I wouldn't like this fragrance without this vanilla note. 


Green Grass (2015): Deerfield label, the scent is similar to Dune Grass. It has got a note of fresh air as well.

Early Sunrise (2015): Deerfield label, this scent is amazing! It has a wonderful citrus aroma mixed with green notes, sandalwood and fresh air fragrance. Love it!

Beach Walk (2015): Deerfield label, the scent is very similar to YC's Beach Holiday. It is a clean, airy scent with some citrus twist to it. 


Autumn in the Park (2015): Deerfield label, I have always wanted to try it! It smells so fresh and fruity at the same moment, it's because of notes of fresh pumpkin apples and fresh fallen laves. Love it!

Autumn Leaves (2015), Deerfield label, this scent is so amazing. It's a mix of autumn fruit and woodsy notes so it really evoces the autumn feeling.

Silver Birch (2015): Deerfield label, this one's similar to Mountain Lake, Silver Birch is more cologny and more airy. I like Silver Birch better.


November Rain (2015): Deerfield label, this one's very nice. It's a deep watery fragrance with some wood. Citrus top, flower middle and amber base.


Evening Air 2x(2015), (2014), (2008): Deerfield label, the scent is a watery mix of geranium, basil, cedarwood, musk, cloves and some flowers... a lot of people say it's a cologny type of scent... I don't think so, it's very similar to Storm Watch. 


Leather (2015): Deerfield label, this scent smells very nice. It smells just like real leather, so it reminds me of car.

Mountain Lodge (2015): Deerfield label, this is a really nice scent. A lot of people find this fragrance masculine, but I think this smells woodsy with notes of fresh air and dark, chocolate with a stron ozoney note. Love it.

Over the River (2015) (2x): Deerfield label, was trying to find a larger size of this fragrance, it's a green watery scent with mandarin and black pepper.


River Valley (2011): EU label, was trying to find a larger size of this fragrance, it's a green watery scent with mandarin and black pepper.
Drift Away (2010): medium jar, Deerfield label, the scent is watery and airy. With some floral notes and sea musk. It is a very natural and clean scent. 


Mandarin Cranberry (2014): Deerfield label, I'm not into fruity/floral candles, but this one if very very very very nice... it's got a note of cranberries, oranges and mandarins, it's not sweet at all. It's a wonderful bittersweet/tangy/tart fragrance for winter/autumn time.


Lavender Vanilla (2015): Deerfield label:  a unique mix of spicy freshly picked lavender, and smooth, sweet vanilla. This fragrance creates a creamy ambiance. It's got a wonderful sweet fragrance. I don't like lavender nor vanilla, Lavender Vanilla is wonderful though! 

Sunflower (2015): Deerfield label: this fragrance isn't floral at all. I've never smelt a real sunflower in my life, but this fragrance isn't floral. It's smells like summer air, it's similar to Sunhwashed Linen. It's a dewy, ozoney fragrance. 


Willow Breeze (2x) (2016): Deerfield label, this fragrance is similar to scents such as Dune Grass or Blue Summer Sky. You can almost here the breezes under a green willow . . .  it's the sunny breeze of sweet blossoms, dewy cyclamen, perfume gardenia and woodsy cypress.


Line–Dried Cotton (2015): EU label, LDC is a fresh air kind of scent. It could be called summer breeze or beach days. It doesn't smell like dried cotton at all... so that's a good thing for me, beacuse I'm not into scents like Clean Cotton, etc...

April Showers (2015): EU label, April Showers is amazing. I didn't like it at the first time when I smelt it but it has grown on me. It's a fresh, rain smell. I definitely get the wet air. I get a bit of apple peel as well. It's a bit fruity, but you can still smell the air. 


Summer Storm (2016): Deerfield Label, unfortunately arrived like this. It's a burn one for me, so I can enjoy the scent. I've heard it's similar to MidSummer'S Night & smells like a masculine cologne, but I don't think so. It's a wonderful, balmy fresh scent of an air right before the storm. It is a sharp scent with citrusy ozonic notes, patchouli, eucalyptus and spicy notes. It's one of my favourites! I've ordered another jar. I really need to get more jars due to the label change.


Summer Storm 2x(2016): Deerfield Label, I've heard it's similar to MidSummer'S Night & smells like a masculine cologne, but I don't think so. It's a wonderful, balmy fresh scent of an air right before the storm. It is a sharp scent with citrusy ozonic notes, patchouli, eucalyptus and spicy notes. It's one of my favourites!

Rainbow's End 2x(2016): Deerfield Label, this particular fragrance was very very very rare back in the day. I absolutely love the look of it, the label and adore the scent. It's a fresh breeze of colorful fruits, flowers and there's a hint of sharp eucalyptus and of course musk and woody notes. It smells just like a morning when it has just rained. I love it!


Splash of Rain 2x(2015): Deerfield Label, I actually had a Black Band tart ago and I hated it! It smelled nothing like the normal version. This fragrance surprised me a lot. It really smells like a splash of rain. It has some citrus, marine–ozone-y–watery notes together with amber, musk and very soft flowers. It's not a heavy floral!! Smells like a forest after the rain. 


Cherry Blossom (2015): Deerfield Label, cherry blossom is a unique fragrance. It's a sweet, spring like fragrance with a bergamot top, floral middle and musky sandalwood base. There will be a new scent of cherry blossom in the start of 2017.


Sunset Breeze (2016): UK label, Sunset Breeze is a fragrance similar to Mango Peach Salsa and Sun & Sand. It has fresh fruit notes along with ocean air. It's a sweeter candle and the throw is very strong. 

Turquoise Sky (2016): UK label, this scent is salty and everybody likes it. I don't mind the scent, it's not one of my favourites though. It is a musky fragrance with some water – lily and watery notes.


Christmas Eve 2x (2015 UK), 1x (2014 Deerfield): Christmas Eve is an absolute stunner. It's a repackaging of Sugared Plums and smells just like Christmas. It's a sweet, fruity fragrance. 


White Christmas (2015 Deerfield): I bought this fragrance at yankeecandle.co.uk and it's a Deerfield label! It has surprised me a lot. White Christmas is a must have for Christmas. To me it smells like a winter's snowfall. It's an airy, fresh, snowy fragrance. I LOVE IT! I will have to ordred another 3 large jars, because it's a Deerfield label and the scent is simply GORGEOUS.

Balsam & Cedar (2015 UK): Althought I don't like other pine scents (because they don't smell like a true christmas tree to me), I love Balsam & Cedar. It really smells like a christmas tree – I think it's because of the citrus and berry notes in there. It's got some musky notes as well. I love this fragrance and if you like the smell of christmas tree, try Balsam & Cedar. 










Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat